Saturday, March 19, 2011

T-Shirts are Coming Soon!

With the feel of spring in the air the arrival of Stickle's spring T's are coming. I'm not sure if you are aware that each one of these tees are screened by hand....my hand. Yes thats right Stickle's make there own tees. Heres the process: 

1st pick the perfect fun shade that beckons fun and sun, Here I went for Cherry Red!



Next choose the right color ink, this can be tricky. 
Earlier I burned or drew my screen design, a time laboring step but well worth it. You may only use one color ink at a time per screen and you must work quickly.

 Here you can see some of the other material used...
    Next we lay the screen on the tee and add some ink and screen print away!

Then you have your design! Thats how our tees are made, with lots of love and time and creativity!

I hope you enjoy them as much as I do creating them. 



For more info on how to screen print and find supplies check out these sites: 


In the mood to shop handmade? Here are a few of my favorite handmade screened printed pieces on Etsy:

Fox on a Bike by Dark Cycle Clothing


Vital Glass by Vital


Organic Napkins by 

No comments: